[Rhodes22-list] Ike Pushes into Quebec (political humor, I suppose)

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Sep 15 14:12:04 EDT 2008

While our Texan Rhodies, particularly those in the Houston area, have been dealing with the aftermath of Ike, The Gazette in Quebec needed to share their experiences with this devastating storm:
Ike making its mark here
MONTREAL- After causing billions of dollars in damage in Texas, the remnants of Hurricane Ike hit Quebec overnight last night and this morning.
Environment Canada issued a heavy rainfall warning for many parts of the province.

Winds reaches up to 90 kilometres in the Montreal area, causing many branches to fall and election posters to be torn off, but no major damage has been reported.

(rest of article at: http://tinyurl.com/624k5c )

Election posters?  Pleeeease!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)