[Rhodes22-list] US Indutrial Output Plunges

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Mon Sep 15 20:09:53 EDT 2008

Brad Haslett wrote:
> Whoever is elected to the Executive branch of government in the next
> two months won't make a rat's ass difference about the eventual
> outcome.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.  The economy is on
greased ways and headed for the drink - with numerous
thru-hulls wide open.  The biggest leak is the price
of energy, and our enemies (the guys we bailed out
some years ago) are playing a tune on our butts with
that.

With some luck, my wife and I won't have to tap our
investments until the economy recovers somewhat.

I hope Warren Buffet is successful in jump-starting
alternative energy sources.  The LURC bone-heads
here in Maine (Land Use Regulatory Commission) who
turned thumbs down on a wind farm last year because
it could be seen from the Appalachian Trail should
be hung from those thumbs.

Fortunately, our recently ex-governor (independent)
is touting an off-shore wind farm in the Gulf of
Maine that would make Maine an energy-exporting
state.  Can't wait!

Meanwhile, we have a lot of wood.  Insulation is
flying off the shelves at Home Depot, and every
contractor has become an energy conservation expert.
Good idea.

/Robert