[Rhodes22-list] Was Pointing Problem/ Now whisker pole recommendation.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 14:44:03 EDT 2008

Lee,
Captain Keller and I both use the Forespar small twist lock pole that goes
from 6 to 12 feet. It has a snap lock on one end (boat end) and a spike on the
sail end. It is relatively inexpensive so if you lose it overboard or happen
to  break it the pain of replacing it won't be so great.
Forespar part # 406000
WM part # 111179
Back when I bought mine they were around $125.00. Now they are closer to
$150.00, but it really is a worthwhile expenditure. Everyone knows I don't go
for the gadgets because they either break or are in the way, but this is one
piece of hardware I use a lot. It will store nicely in the storage compartments
on either side of the V berth.
I placed a hook on the front of the mast, but have never used it. I usually
attach it to a lower part of a shroud which is more easily accessible from the
 cockpit when under sail. I find it to be fun to experiment with. It really
stretches out the 175 and makes it an awesome sight going wing on wing. Try
that  in 10 mile an hour winds and you will understand what extreme sailing is
all  about. I have actually buried the bow before I was able to release
everything  and turn upwind. Washed the decks clean and even cleaned the carpet in
the  cabin. :)

Rummy

In a message dated 9/22/2008 1:39:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,