[Rhodes22-list] There are some real sailboat bargains out there, if you have any money left

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Sep 23 08:56:59 EDT 2008

Ed,

The R22s that I have seen, have, for the most part, been posted.  The
exception that comes to mind, is one that I looked at (for a friend) in
Center Moriches back in June that had been advertised in the local
Craigslist for $1,000.  It hadn't been in water for five years (at least),
had torn sails, was full of rainwater and I thought that it would make an
excellent planter.

But, there are other sailboats that are real bargains out there, even if
they are not R22s.  A couple who wanted to learn to sail spent $1,200 in
July on a 22' O'Day with 2 yr old sails and engine that sails beautifully.
They love sailing and are talking of a larger craft already.  They were out
several times a week most of the summer.  Their boat is paid for and then
some.

This is the time to buy.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)