[Rhodes22-list] Ben Cittadino said, "It's the ghost of Nelson Rockefeller?"

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Tue Sep 23 20:30:15 EDT 2008

Dear Ed;

First, you date yourself when you use the term "fellow traveler".  Nobody
has used that expression since 1953 or so.  It was one of Joseph McCarthy's
favorite epithets.  Back then it was cause to bring a libel suit.  Now, as
then it's a taunt of fearful men who  think everyone who disagrees with them
is a commie.  I take exception to your use of the term "fellow traveler" to
describe me or anyone else on this list. I want you to cut it out.  Got it?

The term "Rockefeller Republican" describes those members of the Republican
Party who considered themselves socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and
strong on defense. It was used in the '60's to differentiate moderate
Republicans from those supporting Barry Goldwater.  Olympia Snow of Maine is
still considered an example of that school of thought.

Cheers!

Ben C.