[Rhodes22-list] mcbackpeddle: the champion deregulator becomes the peoples "regulator"

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Sep 23 23:02:20 EDT 2008

Actually, whether you, George Will for that matter, or anyone else for
that matter, chooses to admit it or not, McCain was pushing FOR
regulation 3 years ago, Obama (who I'm "sure" wasn't influenced by the
fannie/freddie lobby money he was getting) and Clinton were pushing
AGAINST it.

But, in spite of your title, Will wasn't saying what your email title
implies. Will was decrying  McCain going after  Chis Cox. I don't know
enough to agree or disagree (c'mon now, do YOU really know enough, or is
this just another chance to dig at McCain?), but I'll give this one to you.

I don't like McCain. As a matter of fact, I DISlike McCain. The problem
for you folks is that there were so many Republicans like me who
disliked Obama even more than we disliked McCain.

Most of us were going to reluctantly go to the polls, and vote for the
only viable candidate that WASN'T Obama.

We weren't excited about the election, and we were pretty much resolved
to get the least of two evils.

Then something happened to change that viewpoint.

Have you caught on yet? The Republican base is EXCITED about Palin. See,
you folks can quit asking if we "really" feel the way we do. WE DO!!

And, I'll tell you a little secret that I think you've already
discovered - it's changed the election!