[Rhodes22-list] Jim Johnston - a reply to some of your Mast Hoist Questions

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 26 11:07:13 EDT 2008

Ed K. Your experiences are great to read and evaluate. Your comments and
concerns for Stan and General Boats are very informative. Several years ago I
called General Boats and spoke with Stan. Yes! Stan the number one MAN.
Now you
have broken my ego bubble and I'm not special i.e. talking directly to Stan.
This explains why the Rhodes has custom quality. I missed the boat two weeks
ago when I was at the Mt. Clemons MI boat show. Elton had a mast
raising system
with him but we never got to it. Stan had me operate the motor lift up & down,
the pop top up & down, the IMF in & out, up & down the new stern
ladder. Yes, I
was showing off the Rhodes. Too bad I'm a 65+ has been jock (over
weight & under
brained). A young lady with a better hull shape & gel-cote would have more
fitting for the Classy Rhodes. I did get one mature lady on board and had her
pull out the IMF. No surprise, she was impressed. Elton took over & demo'd the
sliding head partition, galley, etc.  I could't have any more respect for Stan
and General Boats but I can be more considerate on un-necessary demands,
questions etc. JImJ