[Rhodes22-list] political - the incredible shrinking sarah palin

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:33:10 EDT 2008

Herb,

Say it ain't so, suppress other's views?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2DXN3aOSo

The Governor of Missouri came out with a statement today (see below).

And here's more-

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2008m9d25-Is-the-Obama-campaign-sending-the-law-after-critics

It's OK if Pete wants to question Palin's experience, that's fair
game.  If some pundits want to change their mind, nothing wrong with
that.  Chilling free speech?  Bye, Bye, American Pie!

Brad

---------------------

Gov. Matt Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign's Abusive Use of Missouri
Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement
on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama
to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his
critics.

"St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City
Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer,
and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire
McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the
Obama-Biden campaign.

"What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond
words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is
abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence
political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal
punishment.

"This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred
principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more
offensive to Jefferson's thinking than using the power of the state to
deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose
of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away
from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress
support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this
anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads
about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on
television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation
about the election.

"Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press
constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore
false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no
credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law
enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent
of the Sedition Acts - not a free society."