[Rhodes22-list] Bow pulpit

Linda Scott lscott02 at roadrunner.com
Sun Sep 28 20:46:16 EDT 2008

During the recent wind storm from Hurricane Ike passing through Ohio, we had
some damage to our "new" 1984 Rhodes 22.   The 75 mph winds came directly
from behind the boat and slammed the bow pulpit into a post on the dock that
we thought was well out of range.  The bow pulpit is now gone.  There are
the two supports still on the boat, but they aren't supporting anything
right now, and get in the way of the jib/genoa sometimes as we come about.
Does anyone have any thoughts on where we might find a replacement, since
Stan says the newer boats have a different footprint, and he is unaware of
any old, used boats that we can scrounge from.  My husband is thinking of
trying to make something from conduit to get us through for now, to at least
let us store the mast on the boat over the winter.

I am the sailing novice in this pair of sailors, and am writing this on his
behalf, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda Scott