[Rhodes22-list] Bow pulpit where is Jay B (Just Bent)?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 29 08:46:58 EDT 2008

Linda:

Their are other options to consider.

While the footprint will not match from a new style bow pulpit, it has to
fit.  Glass in the existing holes and refinish that part of the deck.  Then
mount a new style bow pulpit from General Boats.

You did not tell us your location.  If you are within reason of Edenton,
North Carolina, Stan used to have a real good glass man who could fixed the
deck to look like new and be ready for a new bow pulpit.

A problem to consider with Herb's site is the foot print still might not be
exact.

Another option would be Stainless Steel.  We have a member of this forum who
is a steel fabricator.  Ask Jay Bulfer what year his boat is?  If he has the
same style bow pulpit, he could create parts out of stainless steel using
his boat for measurements.  Maybe he could fabricate in chrome like you had,
but the long and short of it is Jay is a metal fabricator...  See:

http://www.jbtek.com/

Since you are at it, why design an unique bow pulpit?  One with a windlas
and front row seat.  With Stan's latest recommendation for putting more
weight in the bow, have a seat up front.  Imagine the excitement?

Or have Jay put a work of art in stainless up front.  Imagine having a pair
of dolphins in stainless?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Most of the poverty and misery in the world is due to bad
government, lack of democracy, weak states, internal strife, and so on."
George Soros