[Rhodes22-list] Bow pulpit where is Jay B (Just Bent)?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 29 09:02:27 EDT 2008

Linda,

Here is another idea!  We have on this forum a dentist.  When he is not
putting smiles of faces, he carves wood.  And he is good!

Have Jay and him work together to create a new bow pulpit that will accept a
wood carving of a mermaid!

Now that would be something, don't you think?

See:  http://www.schoonerman.com/figureheads.htm

Contact Ron Singerman on this forum.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

Tootle wrote:

> Linda:
>
> Their are other options to consider.
>
> While the footprint will not match from a new style bow pulpit, it has to
> fit.  Glass in the existing holes and refinish that part of the deck.
> Then mount a new style bow pulpit from General Boats.
>
> You did not tell us your location.  If you are within reason of Edenton,
> North Carolina, Stan used to have a real good glass man who could fixed
> the deck to look like new and be ready for a new bow pulpit.
>
> A problem to consider with Herb's site is the foot print still might not
> be exact.
>
> Another option would be Stainless Steel.  We have a member of this forum
> who is a steel fabricator.  Ask Jay Bulfer what year his boat is?  If he
> has the same style bow pulpit, he could create parts out of stainless
> steel using his boat for measurements.  Maybe he could fabricate in chrome
> like you had, but the long and short of it is Jay is a metal fabricator...
> See:
>
> http://www.jbtek.com/
>
> Since you are at it, why design an unique bow pulpit?  One with a windlas
> and front row seat.  With Stan's latest recommendation for putting more
> weight in the bow, have a seat up front.  Imagine the excitement?
>
> Or have Jay put a work of art in stainless up front.  Imagine having a
> pair of dolphins in stainless?
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> Addendum:  "Most of the poverty and misery in the world is due to bad
> government, lack of democracy, weak states, internal strife, and so on."
> George Soros
>

> hparsons wrote:
>>
>> You can give these folks your measurements, and they'll make a bow
>> pulpit for you:
>>
>> http://www.topsinquality.com/
>>

>> Linda Scott wrote:
>>> During the recent wind storm from Hurricane Ike passing through Ohio, we
>>> had
>>> some damage to our "new" 1984 Rhodes 22.   The 75 mph winds came
>>> directly
>>> from behind the boat and slammed the bow pulpit into a post on the dock