[Rhodes22-list] jokes

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:11:38 EDT 2008

Three Englishmen riding on a train, all three are hard-of-hearing.  The
train comes to a stop and the first one asks, "Is this Wimsley?"

Second one says, "No, I think it's Thursday."

Third ones says, "So am I.  Let's have a drink!"

----------------------

A man goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, I can't get the song "Delilia'
out of my head."

The doctor said, "Hmmm, you have 'Tom Jones Syndrome.' "

"Is that rare?" the man asked.

The doc replied, "It's not unusual."

-------------------------

Elle, here's one for the English teacher in you:

Four English professors were walking home after attending a lecture on
Shakespearean rhetoric when they came across a group of, shall we say
professional women on the street corner.  They began to discuss how
Shakespeare would describe them.

The first and youngest professor suggested that Shakespeare would have
called them a "jam of tarts."

The next senior professor said he thought Shakespeare would have called them
a "flourish of strumpets."

The next said "an essay of Trollop's."

Then the oldest and most erudite professor said without pause that
Shakespeare would most probably have called them simply "an anthology of
pros."