[Rhodes22-list] Options for non-skid cockpit sole?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Apr 5 09:22:08 EDT 2009

Chet,

I looked at dri-deck tiles and even a teak sole but ruled both out for look
or expense.  The question in renovating an older boat becomes "How much is
too expensive?"  This topic has been discussed many times on the list.  The
archives are full of reviews of using awlgrip and other paint type products.
My R22 had much worse problems and I used "Treadmaster Original Smooth
Pattern" to resurface the cockpit floor (pictured at:
http://tinyurl.com/caoty5)  I reviewed the process in a recent discussion
about repairs to Blue Heron and the use of glass beads with awlgrip for
non-skid surfaces.  You may read the entire thread at:
http://www.nabble.com/Blue-Heron-gets-beaded-to21823299.html#a21824028

After an entire season of use with my new floor, I can honestly say that it
is the most comfortable cockpit floor that I have ever felt.  The upkeep is
easy.  The surface is non-skid and soft under foot.  I should have put it in
years ago.   It was well worth the money and effort.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: "chetc" Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:00 PM