[Rhodes22-list] By way of introduction, Ahoy, and request for advice

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Apr 7 10:20:27 EDT 2009

Andy,
If you did not notice any problems with the centerboard cap on your
test sail, I would look hard for other sources of your problem before
you decide that it is the problem (maybe you already have). Known
culprits include the centerboard pennant tube connections and the
cockpit drain tube connections. I don't know if the so-called diamond
board is much lighter than the standard centerboard but that's what
we have and it is direct pull. No blocks anywhere. I vaguely recall a
discussion years ago and think that there are folks with standard
centerboards that are direct pull. Note that in any event there have
been lots of different configurations and some of those were
re-routed by the owner.

If you do decide to reseat the centerboard cap, Stan can provide a gasket.

Best of luck with it.

Mary lou