[Rhodes22-list] By way of introduction, Ahoy, and request for advice

atmcneil atmcneil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:21:21 EDT 2009

Jerry,

thanks for this thorough procedure. I didn't do anything with the fiberglass
inspection plate this time around. I just took off the gasket on top of the
inspection plate and cleaned it, coated the bottom side with sealant and put
it back on, with large fender washers instead. It held, but leaked around
the bottom of the inspection plate when I put her in the water last night. I
caulked that leak on the fly and that was holding as of this morning.

I will probably do what you suggest either 1) next weekend when I have to
pull her because the bad leak returned or 2) this winter when I'll have her
in the driveway for a while.

Thanks to everyone for the help and warm welcome.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22970847/CB_cap_repair_sm.jpg