[Rhodes22-list] Re design of Rhodes Interior and elimination of compression post.

Eric Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:09:11 EDT 2009

Hank, John S,

Moving the stays inboard will not change the stiffness of the boat. All that
will change, is the load on the stays (upward) and the mast step (downward)
which will increase quite dramatically.

Assuming no change to the shape of the hull, there are really only two ways
to make your boat a stiffer sailer. Add or move ballast lower in relation to
the center of gravity. Or, lower the center of effort of the sail plan.

Rik