[Rhodes22-list] Re design of Rhodes Interior and elimination of compression post.

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Apr 13 11:11:50 EDT 2009

Hi Rik,

 I understand the load on the stays increases with the reduction of
mechanical advantage. But dosent the boat have a certain moment of inertia
which must be over come for the boat to begin heeling. Or is that factor so
low as to be meaningless in the calculation? Also do you have the background
to calculate how much the load would be increased over the standard rigging?
I haven't done that type of math for 35 yrs.

Thank you for your input

John S