[Rhodes22-list] Re design of Rhodes Interior and elimination of compression post.

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:40:55 EDT 2009

Assuming that you want the same horizontal component of the force to
support the mast
it is scales with the the sine of the angle the stay makes with the
mast.  Assuming a 20 ft
mast and ~45 inch mast-to-stay distance you would need to increase the
stay tension by
15% to bring the stays in by 6".

Ron