[Rhodes22-list] conjecturing on leakage

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 10 09:06:59 EDT 2009

   Joe,

   I wish you well on this.  You might do a colored water test from the
   cockpit sole, with some combo fluid, maybe plain water.  Hell, no harm
   done if you fill the cockpit well, like a tub  - you will see results
   more quickly and with confidence.  Like, isolating the variables.  You
   could plug the drain and just watch for the results within the opened
   laz.  If plugged, the cockpit floor should hold water.

   Water could also enter thru the centerboard penant port.  Not to beat
   a dead horse,  do you have the large seat drain thru-hulls and hose?
   If you go to Edenton you will want to have discovered the source of
   leakage with certainty.

   If no leak with the tub test, reverse the plug, putting it in from the
   boat bottom.  Refill the cockpit well and watch.

   Really interested in helping you resolve this.  There are not that
   many possibilities.  If you never find the source, you will at least
   determine what is NOT the source.

   Art