[Rhodes22-list] communication leaks

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Aug 11 16:39:05 EDT 2009

Rob,

I've always assumed there is no connection between the lazarette and the
bilge because I'll frequently get water in either one without getting it in
the other.

The GBI website states:

"Instead, a separate mold creates a cockpit floor that extends the full
width of the boat with the aft end turning up to form a Lazaret."

and

"The area in the large enclosed locking lazaret is not self-bailing."

Neither of those statements say the lazarette does not connect to the bilge,
but if the cockpit doesn't drain to the bilge and it's part of the same mold
as the lazarette, then it seems like the lazarette wouldn't connect to the
bilge either.  Not sure.

Lee