[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with 15+knot winds?

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:13:09 EDT 2009

Lou,

Yesterday I was single handing in winds of 18 mph, or about 15 kph, and
gusts to 25 mph.  Since there weren't any waves, at least in the beginning,
it was fine.  I just couldn't believe how hot is felt, even with that much
wind.   When the white caps built and started to spray over, it was
refreshing.

Rick