[Rhodes22-list] Re move Roller Furling

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sat Aug 22 09:12:22 EDT 2009

With summer storms heating up I am curious how Rhodies who do not trailer and
keep their boats in a slip deal with reducing windage.  In particular what
to do with the rolling genoa.  Most recomendations are to remove it.  I
assume some prefer to add lines wrapped around the sail to prevent it from
opening up during high wind conditions.  Is it easy to temporarily remove
the genoa without taking down the mast?  What is the proceedure?  What do
you do with the genoa after removing it?  I assume you want to keep it lying
flat, lash it to the deck?  I think Elton showed me a red line that is part
of the operation.  I am sure this has been discussed in the past but I
couldn't find a good thread in the archives.