[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with15+knot w...

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 22 11:28:34 EDT 2009

I agree with Stan - have been out in 25 knots and it is challenging.  However, it all depends on the wind direction.  25-27 knots downwind is OK, but trying to point into that is very difficult.  Having an autopilot helps a lot when singlehanding and I highly recommend.  I don't intentionally go out if the wind is >20 knots.

Bob K