[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with15+knot w...

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:36:44 EDT 2009

Single handing in 15 kts.  That would be too easy.  Instead I put a total rookie at the helm and tell him/her what to do.  As the wind picks up, cockpit management gets more complex and by the time the wind get to twenty (that is when the rigging starts to sing) I can't talk fast enough to stay ahead of the crew and I have to take over.  Stan is right 30 is when the rhodes is out gunned mostly by the waves that it makes.  If any one wants to learn to sail on a Rhodes go to www.OdysseySailing.com and sign up.  I am centrally located close to the whole nation.

Bob Weber

s/v Ruba

Port St. Louis