[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with15+knot winds? Ron

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Tue Aug 25 10:46:42 EDT 2009

Lee,

On my '86, we weren't useing thru the boom outhual threading yet.As a
matter of fact,we didn't even have the state of the art,loop at the end of
the outhual,yet.Nope,just a plain old stopper knot.I hope I put a pic on
the bottom, of my set-up.If ,by some strange luck you can bring it up,and
blow it up,you can see the turning block attached to the topping lift
tang.When the stopper knot(seen in the middle of the coil of outhual
line,saltily hung from the aft cleat)hits the turning block,we furl no
more.

Jerry