[Rhodes22-list] Outboard repair question

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:05:17 EDT 2009

I probably have the same motor, but configured for 9.9 hp.  Do you start the
motor with full choke?  I find that works best, then punch the choke off as
soon as it kicks over.

There's an idle set screw that just stops the engine throttle rod.  In other
words, idle speed and throttle speed are the same thing.  Turning out the
idle screw will slow down idle.  Make the adjustment when the engine is cold
so you can find the lowest idle speed without stalling after a cold start.

Rick