[Rhodes22-list] Proof of authenticity (STAN SPITZER I DO NOT OWN A "RIG" RATHER A 71 RHODES CONTINENTAL)

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Mon Aug 31 22:00:56 EDT 2009

Ok, I do not get it(maybe I like watching car weacks).

1)you buy a boat/trailer without a good title? and it stans fault.
2)if the trailer that old pretty sure it would have been a trailmaster, so
michael fault, he trida(btw he out of bussness)
3)$5500+ into a 38 year old boat (read that some where), that a labor of
love, and questionable sanity and if that the raw martial cost, O-Boy what
do you really think the "commercial price" would be, seems like my auto
mechanic is always double the parts cost, guessing 100-200 hours you put in,
at 65$ an hour.....
4)pick your favorite sailing joke, "what is sail like, standing in a cold
shower fully clothed  ripping up 100$ bills"
5)remember the boat is 38 years old, who in their right mind would want to
get their finger prints on it, it looks you are ready to kill stan as is and
he helpped with a centerboard/trunk(and you got off light and you do not
know it), both stan and michael know the issue(night mares)with anything
that age and once they start they are forever dragged in.
6)if it help you feel better, I just ripped for a $1500 rudder. A very
pretty and heavy stainless steel build out had salt water destroy the welds
(non rhodes22), yard bills suck

-mjm