[Rhodes22-list] Proof of authenticity (STAN SPITZER I DO NOT OWN A "RIG" RATHER A 71 RHODES CONTINENTAL)

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Aug 31 22:57:41 EDT 2009

Mike,

Ok, I do not get it(maybe I like watching car weacks).

Please review the final 4 posts from "Something old and something new"
perhaps that will give you a better perspective

1)you buy a boat/trailer without a good title? and it stans fault.

I did not say or imply that. I was looking to purchase a used replacement
trailer and was willing to give Mr. Spitzer my old trailer to do with as he
pleased. He refused my business.

2)if the trailer that old pretty sure it would have been a trailmaster, so
michael fault, he trida(btw he out of bussness)

I'm sorry I don't understand your point

3)$5500+ into a 38 year old boat (read that some where), that a labor of
love, and questionable sanity and if that the raw martial cost, O-Boy what
do you really think the "commercial price" would be, seems like my auto
mechanic is always double the parts cost, guessing 100-200 hours you put in,
at 65$ an hour.....

I see no difference between a new rhodes and mine when the wind blows given
equal sails and skippers. (What does a Recycled Rhodes cost I wonder?) I'm
currently making $7.75 an hour at my current position so my time is somewhat
less valuable. As a former Opera singer my sanity has always been questioned
especially by myself as well as others.

4)pick your favorite sailing joke, "what is sail like, standing in a cold
shower fully clothed  ripping up 100$ bills"

Yes boat stands for "budget out another thousand"

5)remember the boat is 38 years old, who in their right mind would want to
get their finger prints on it,(funny Mr. Spitzer had no trouble having his
fingerprints on it when he sold it.)
 it looks you are ready to kill stan as is and he helpped with a
centerboard/trunk
(and you got off light and you do not know it), both stan and michael know
the issue(night mares)with anything that age and once they start they are
forever dragged in.

Mr. Spitzer had no input on the repair of my centerboard trunk as far as I
know. If you can find me a post detailing his advice I will of course recant
and/or apologize to any or all concerned.

6)if it help you feel better, I just ripped for a $1500 rudder. A very
pretty and heavy stainless steel build out had salt water destroy the welds
(non rhodes22), yard bills suck

What does that have to do with this conversation except that perhaps you
should have your welding done here in Pittsburgh.

John S