[Rhodes22-list] Hello, from new member

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 09:01:51 EST 2009

Derek
Congratulations! I was in your same position last February. The people on
this forum helped me a lot and I got an abandoned 1979 sailing by the summer
working on her mostly just Saturdays. I have had to re-do all my rigging and
learned a few hard lessons I would be happy to pass on.

I have the manual, but I believe it is in the FAQ section of the GBI
website.

I have raised my mast several times with just one other person very easily,
I do not have the winch. We also took it down last month in 18 mph winds
with little difficulty. There are a couple tricks, like tape the stays to
the mast so they don't kink.

Another trick I learned from doing all this on a budget is I buy my running
rigging at REI and EMS. Their climbing rope is as good as any marine I have
seen and is 1/3 the cost. Nicer colors too.

Good Luck, send me an email and I will forward my cell if you want to talk.

-----
Greg PA
s/v Serenity
79 Rhodes 22