[Rhodes22-list] Kindle versus Sony Touch Reader, Experience?

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Dec 21 13:06:05 EST 2009

Art,

There's really not much editing I've done on the Kindle; in fact I'm not
real sure you can.  I have done the opposite, transferred a doc I needed for
reference to the Kindle from my PC.  That's easy and can be handled either
via wireless (Sprint's 3G network) for a small fee to Amazon or free via
USB.  In both cases the doc is emailed to your Kindle through Amazon and is
"tranmorgrified" into a Kindle doc.  It is a one way trip though.

The Kindle won't replace any of my computers for editing docs, but it has
replaced them in terms of reading a doc or referencing a doc while I work on
something else (maybe even the doc itself).

I think of the Kindle as a reading device first and foremost with limited,
albeit very handy, access to Web info.  The more reading oriented that Web
info is (like m.ccn.com) the better suited the Kindle is for accessing it.
It's not ideal for looking at the weather radar (it's grayscale and doesn't
do the time lapse animation), but it's so handy that I still use it for
that.  Though I must admit, I got a Droid the other day and it may be my
quick look at the weather device instead.  But the Droid will not replace my
Kindle for reading.

Mike