[Rhodes22-list] I'm baaaaaaaack.

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:26:36 EST 2009

Claude,

If you are planning to come to Savannah let me know if I can help out.  I know the area pretty well.  You can launch in Savannah (Thunderbolt really) and there are numerous local marinas and some good day sailing.  Being close to downtown you could check out the historic district.  If you want purley a sailing trip, I recommend going to Beaufort, SC, launching and sailing to Hilton Head - nice 4-5 hour trip with good sailing.  Great marinas in HH too.  I don't recommend sailing from Savannah to HH because it is mostly a 4 hour motor through a narrow portion of the ICW.  Last, you could actually drive to HH, launch there and sail in the area.  HH has some great sailing waters, especially Calibogue Sound.

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Bob K