[Rhodes22-list] Compression Repair and Addition of Compression Post

Andrew Collins sailingvesselcarmen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:47:50 EST 2009

Chet

My boat is also an '86, and the post is aft and to starboard of the mast
step. From what I see on my boat and what David Culp and Michael W did and
wrote, that comprssion post wants to be directly under the mast. This might
work out with an enclosed head with access from the starboard side. Time to
break out the tape measure, I guess. I have never seen the stringers, but my
peference would would be to seat any relocated post on on one, or create a
compression pad out of resin and glass to spread the load.

If you do the work or start exploring under the sole, please post some
pictures.
Good luck!

Andrew collins
sv Carmen