[Rhodes22-list] Need to replace Hatch

Baywind baywindgroup at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 21:46:16 EST 2009

New Rhodes22 owner, member, and sailboat restorer. I have a lot of
restoration experience, just not in sailboats. I just bought a 79 and the
hatch is a piece of rotting plywood. My plan is to use the original hatch as
a template. I am going to buy BC plywood at Lowes and use Polyester Resin
tinted with white to completely seal it.
Questions:
1. Do I have to have a hinge in it?
2. Supplies ok?
3. Can I make it 2 piece instead of the hinge so I can have it just top
open?
4. Use some kind of plastic instead?

Thanks
Greg