[Rhodes22-list] Andrew C.'s Question about compression post...

Andrew Collins sailingvesselcarmen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 10:47:01 EST 2009

Ed

I explained poorly - the compression post is fine and does not move. The
flex is forward of the post: the mast tabernacle sits on an elongated raised
portion of the cabin trunk. This thicker section transfers the load from the
mast aft to the compression post. This whole area inclines forward a bit
under load. Anyway, I am going to  watch this another season - if this is a
stable repeatable cycle as it seems to be, nothing needs to be done.
>From what I have gathered there are slight differences in the location of
the post from year to year as the design of the boat evolved.

I would really enjoy working at the plant, but that must remain a daydream
until my kids are into and out of college, among so many other commitments.

The roads are now fine but were very slippery yesterday, and it is 14F
outside.

Happy New Year