[Rhodes22-list] White Russia, Black Russia now Political Insult

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 15:17:03 EST 2009

Ron,

We are truly a nation of immigrants.

My maternal grandfather emigrated from Italy in the Great Migration at the turn of the century as a child...he served for the US in WWI. His son became a ball turret gunner in WWII and was killed in action...I believe it was in Normandy but am not sure...my dad was the 'keeper' of the history...and it is documented somewhere, but don't know who has it at the moment..my mom will not discuss it after all these years.

elle