[Rhodes22-list] Vancouver, BC

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:49:03 EST 2009

Hi Michael.  My boat is in Seattle if you plan to head this side of
the border at all.  It's a 2-3 day sail from Seattle to Vancouver.
There is, however, a high-speed 3-hr ferry from Vancouver to Seattle.
We haven't done it yet, but it's supposed to be a great trip in an of
itself.

I've stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel on the waterfront for business -
it's a beautiful place but pricey.  Afraid that's the only hotel I
know.

Victoria Island is a great day trip from Vancouver.  A touch of Olde
England, including Cricket matches if you are so inclined.

Whistler is about a 2 hour drive from Vancouver, maybe less that time
of year.  You can ski on the glacier all year round, but there are
non-die-hard activities too.

Best,

Dave