[Rhodes22-list] Non-sailing Spouses (was Vancouver, BC)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Jan 16 02:02:31 EST 2009

I'm curious, why is she a "decidedly non-sailing wife"?

My wife "went along" with me on the sailboat thing, until I did some
things that made her enjoy the experience more. I'd be curious hearing
from the list. I'm sure everyone's spouse or significant other fits into
one of three categories:

1 Decidedly non-sailing
2 Ambivalent about sailing
3 Enjoys sailing

If your spouse is in category 1 or 2, what is it about the sport that
keeps them from moving up a level? If they are in 2 or 3, what are you
doing that keeps them from moving down a level?

Face it, if your spouse or SO participates in your hobby, whatever it
is, you will get to enjoy it more. If he/she does not, you'll often be
faced with the decision of leave them behind or leave the sport behind.
Neither is a good choice.

--
Herb Parsons