[Rhodes22-list] Non-sailing Spouses (was Vancouver, BC)

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 13:13:47 EST 2009

Herb wrote:  'm sure everyone's spouse or significant other fits
into
one of three categories:

1 Decidedly non-sailing
2 Ambivalent about sailing
3 Enjoys sailing

My wife has been enjoying sailing so far, and we are looking forward to doing a lot more of it this coming season.  We sailed in winds on our lake that had us"washing the rails," and she handled it fine, perhaps better then me.  We heeled a lot and then the boat would round up into the wind just like Stan said.

She prefers to be comfortable, which is flatter sailing, but had been gracious and allowed me to play and experiment with my new toy.

The challenge for me  is my 14 year old son, who is more interested in speed and water tubing behind a power boat.  He enjoys the boat when he is on it, but to get him away from his video games unto the boat in good spirits takes some effort.

So, I have a sailing buddy in my wife, and so far I have to do all the teaching as she not interested enough to learn on her own.  Maybe after I mess up.

Caesar