[Rhodes22-list] Non-sailing Spouses (was Vancouver, BC)

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:42:18 EST 2009

Well, here's a fifth category:  Skiptress.  I had some interest in sailing
before we met which she was really too keen on.  I knew my interest in her
was greater than my interest in sailing, so it was easy to say let's try it
and bag it if things didn't go well.  We took several days of basic class on
the Chesapeake and really liked it.  Then found a lovely marina at Mayo and
bought a reasonably price Rhodes of the internet.  Finding a protected area
to experiment and learn in was very important.  She enjoys the helm and I am
enjoying everything.

In Victoria go to
http://www.butchartgardens.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1.
They have wonderful fireworks on Saturdays.

For sailing the Seasmoke Whale Watching out of Alert Bay was classy and most
enjoyable, although it is a big drive from Victoria.

Tom Hogarty