[Rhodes22-list] Whisker Poles?

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Jan 16 17:44:35 EST 2009

John,

I normally attach the pole to the outside shroud but have experimented with
the two inside shrouds too.  The shrouds are not designed for this type of
tension and it could cause damage in high winds.  If it happens to me or
someone else, I'll switch to the mast.  It's just that the shrouds are so
easy for attaching the pole and allow for good angles for proper sail shape.
If you attach the pole to the mast, the shrouds can get in the way.

Getting this particular whisker pole was about the best advice I've received
on this list, and I've received a lot of good advice.  I think West Marine
sold it to me for $117 based on a comparable Internet ad.

Lee