[Rhodes22-list] Height of pulpit?

carl mvd00108 at mvtel.net
Mon Jan 19 21:11:31 EST 2009

Steve,
I got some 1" stainless steel tubing for cheap at a scrap yard, and we
have a tig welder at work I can use, so I am planning on welding pads
right onto the bottom of the tubing, and welding the joints as well, so
no sockets needed. The problem I am seeing is bending the tubing. I am
presently planning on packing it with sand and bending around a wooden
mandrel.The sand is supposed to keep it from kinking, anyone have any
experience in this?
Also, I am going to make one like the R22 has, I like the graceful curves.
Carl