[Rhodes22-list] John Shulick - I draw a distiction

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Jan 25 18:14:41 EST 2009

I don't understand the disdain for the capitalists. When the unions
demand benefits that allow a man to work for a company for half of his
adult life and then pay him for not working the other half, that too is
"greed", or "screwing" the other side.

On some specifics though,

I disagree first of all that we're 3/4 of the way towards bank
nationalization. We're probably too far, but I don't think we're that
far. Unfortunately, I don't think the US Government would be better
bankers than the capitalists that are "screwing" each other. It doesn't
take much looking to see that the government is not very good at running
businesses. Anyone that thinks nationalizing banks (or anything else for
that matter) will "cut out" management have not paid attention to the
way government agencies, ANY government agency, grows.

I have a different solution. Let's get them out of the things they're
not supposed to be into. The constitution pretty clearly outlines the
things that the federal government is supposed to be doing, and banking
isn't on that list.

--
Herb Parsons