[Rhodes22-list] Sally Sail - Question to all

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 22:34:27 EST 2009

Hi Ken,

For a sail the size of an IMF mainsail 5 oz. dacron should suffice for most
sailing conditions. Battens are more problematic since they must be vertical
as opposed to the more conventional horizontal configuration. I have a
standard mast on my boat and do not know if the inside diameter of the IMF
mast can accommodate the extra thickness of vertical battens. You may want
to contact the owner of general boats and talk to the owner one Stan Spitzer
the man who designed and still builds the rhodes 22. You can e-mail him at
stan at rhodes22.com

glad ta meet ya

John Shulick