[Rhodes22-list] Sally Sail - Question to all

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jan 28 22:56:10 EST 2009

Missed the original question but the main is moderately heavy
sailcloth. Don't know the exact specs. As John said, the In-Mast
Furling main cannot take horizontal battens and therefore has a
hollow leach (no roach). In recent years Stan has added a single
vertical batten to the sail near the clew. It is close enough to the
outer edge that it does not actually roll up into the slot (or at
least not much) but it does add some area to the leach of the main.
There are R22s out there with conventionally battened mains.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD