[Rhodes22-list] lee helm

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Mon Jul 6 21:03:50 EDT 2009

This would be an interesting experiment.

In the real world.... here is the bottom line.

Last night I was sailing, barely sailing, in very light wind.  All of
the sudden big wind hits.... probably from thunderstorms which were
miles away and seemed no threat.

I was by myself as usual.  Sail immediately had to be reduced.  Even
with no crew present, yours truly had the jib in and the main down and
was back on my feet in a matter of seconds.  Not for a second did lee
helm ever cross my mind.  Thank you Stan for a great boat!

By the way, I will be ordering a 155 % genoa from GBI in the future
and Stan I hope you remember these kind words....

Jokingly of course,
David