[Rhodes22-list] chewing rope

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Thu Jul 9 08:07:29 EDT 2009

Our boat has Stan's steering system where the motor turns with the
rudder.  So I had always used the steering system until a week ago on
our Oriental trip when I left the engine locked straight ahead, left the
steering linkage disconnected,  and steered with the rudder for a short
while.  The line which raises the rudder seems to have gotten chewed
upon by the prop during a hard turn to port.  Either that or the crabs
in Pamlico Sound were bored.  Has anyone else had a problem with that
line?  Maybe it is just a shade too long?  I haven't changed it from its
factory setting.
Joe