[Rhodes22-list] Outboard recommendations

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 09:31:57 EDT 2009

Hank,
The 9.8 is a four stroke and weighs about 100 pounds. An older 8 HP 2 cycle
 would be preferred (by me and others) and only wieghs in at about 50
pounds. I  have the 9.8 on a small fishing boat and it is quiet and sips gas, but
removing  it from the boat for service is a real pain. I can still manage
to handle the 8,  but the 9.8 requires me to get additional help. If you can
find a 8 hp 2 stroke  Tohatsu, I would readily give up the fuel savings of
the 9.8 for the lighter  motor. My 8 hp Tohatsu is 12 years old now and I've
changed the foot oil  annually and the spark plugs only once in that time. I
know of at least four  other owners that have the 8 hp, 2 stroke and all of
them have had the same  results.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/10/2009 9:13:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,