[Rhodes22-list] Pass through transom and wider steps

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Fri Jul 10 16:59:25 EDT 2009

Rob,

All you need is 2 L angles and one T.  I got these from WM at Defender
prices with the price match policy.  The hardware on the transom I got from
Stan but I think a regular stanchion mount would do the same. I wanted both
the verticals to be in the same plane and as far aft of the traveller as
possible.  The horizontal ss tubing is the piece that was cut out and the
vertical piece I got at a local welding shop.The trickiest part was
maintaining the integrity of the electric wires to the stern light.  The use
of a long needle nose plier or hemostat works great The stair plates are
3/4" Starboard slightly hollowed out on the underside for the original ss
step and fastened with 3/4" ss # 10/32 screws.  I tapped the ss steps to
accept the screws. Touch base off line and I can give you my phone # if you
have any other questions.  I'll be in FL in the fall.  If you come down to
visit your FL buddy again we can go sailing and you can check out Serenity.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity