[Rhodes22-list] 411 on Allegheny Reservoir

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Jul 13 11:01:29 EDT 2009

We're hoping to spend a long weekend in August on the Allegheny Reservoir
with our 1992/2008 R22, Muireann, and we're looking for any info the list
may have on that sailing venue.

One particular concern is whether we'll fit under the bridge across the
reservoir.  I've hiked the ANF around the reservoir many, many times and the
bridge looks pretty high.  However, I've yet to find any maps or other
documentation that mention just how high it in fact is and what sort of
clearance one should expect there.

Another concern is anchoring.  The area we'd like to anchor is one of the
coves on the south end of the reservoir along the western shore.  We're
rendezvousing with friends who'll be camping in the part of the park at a
lakeside campsite.  I wasn't able to find anything that showed the depths in
the reservoir.

I think we've got a pretty good handle on the available ramps, but any info
on launching on the reservoir would be welcome.   If I think we can get
under the bridge, I'd prefer to launch at the marina on the eastern shore
just north of the bridge.

Thanks for any and all help, advice, comments, etc.!

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1992/2008 R22