[Rhodes22-list] Partial Mainsail

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 24 15:32:58 EDT 2009

Michael,
I too have a wife who likes to sail flat. I have an '87 w a 184 per
cent genoa. I usually start w 1/2 of the genny as the jib really
powers this boat. Even w the full main out (alone) u will struggle to
come about. Also, if u have the full jib out in light winds, it can be
very difficult 2 get the jib 2 come across when coming about. It is
often easier 2 jibe or roll up 1/2 the jib b4 come about is started.
Enjoy!
Stephen Staum
Sent from my iPhone